- Jazzy - Dominatrix
- Emmy The Great - Paper Forest (In the Afterglow of Rapture)
- Beyonce - Countdown
- Ed Sheeran - A Team
- Bon Iver - Holocene
- Mamas Gun - Inferno
- Maverick Sabre - I Can Never Be
- Buju Bant0n - Sinsimillia Persecution (Down & Out Remxi)
- Ed Sheeran - She
- John Holt – Mr. Bojangles
- Ed Sheeran - The A Team (True Tiger Mix)
- True Tiger - In The Air
- Mamas Gun - Bicycle Race
- Ed Sheeran - Wake Me Up (Live)
- Nerina Pallot - This Will be Our YEar
- Brownman Revival - Sorry Na, Pwede Ba?
- Emmy The Great - Paper Forest (In The Afterglow of Rapture)
- Emmy The Great - Dinosaur Sex
- Teairra Mari - Detroit
- 2Pac - Who Do you Believe In?
Filed under: Charts | Tagged: 2Pac, Bicycle Race, Brownman Revival, charts, Detroit, Dinosaur Sex, Ed Sheeran, Emmy The Great, In The Air, Mamas Gun, music. songs, Nerina Pallot, Paper Forest (In The Afterglow of Rapture), Sorry Na Pwede Be, soulside funk charts, Teairra Mari, The A Team, This Will Be Our Year, True Tiger, Wake Me Up, Who Do You Believe In? | Leave a Comment »
- Ed Sheeran – The A Team (True Tiger Remix)
- Mamas Gun – We Make It Look So Easy
- Emily Browning – Asleep
- Yuck – Shook Down
- Kelly Rowland – Motivation (Diplo Remix)
- Maverick Sabre – I Can Never Be
- Teairra Mari – The Truth
- Arctic Monkeys – Black Treacle
- Teairra Mari – Detroit
- Melanie Fiona – Gone And Never Coming Back
Filed under: Charts | Tagged: charts, Ed Sheeran, Emily Browning, Kelly Rowland, Mamas Gun, Maverick Sabre, Melanie Fiona, Music, Shook Down, soulside funk charts, Teairra Mari, The A Team, Top 10, We Make It Look So Easy, Yuck | Leave a Comment »
This is one of those matches that should not work. Smoother than silk R&B/Folk of Ed Sheeran mixed with bass heavy, gritty DubStep from True Tiger. However, like peanut butter and jam, the two compliment each other so well.
The slow tempo of the dub compliments Ed’s vocals which are chopped and thrown about all over the bass heavy and industrial sounds. This is Dubstep, void of aggression and full of colour.
My only one complaint is it is far too short. You just get in to it, the mix of sounds exploding in your headphones and then… “Angels to die… die… die…” the fade comes and your left checking your wireless router to make sure you internet connection didn’t just fail! A great song, over way too soon.
This is one of those songs I thought could never been reworked/remixed. The boys over a True Tiger have done a masterful job and once again I am proved wrong.
It gets it’s full release in June, so make sure you go out and support great British music
Filed under: Song of the Week, Songs | Tagged: Dub Step, Ed Sheeran, grime, Music, remix, Singer Songwriter, song, Song of the Day, Song of the Week, Stanza, The A Team, The Loose Change EP, True Tiger, UK | Leave a Comment »
Ed Sheeran – The A Team
From an Ed Sheeran gig to Ed Sheeran’s music for song of the week, for what in my opinion is his best record to date.
The origin of the song, about a girl addicted to drugs, is touching. It was written about a girl Ed met while doing charity work not too long ago. Apparently, upon hearing her story he was so moved he to write about it; the result is a beautiful, tender and at times heartbreaking record.
The song is taken from The Loose Change EP, which you can download (or buy… yes people still by CDs) from his webiste.